Vitacost Vitamin D3 1000IU Capsules
Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin that is naturally present in very few food sources. Its functions in the body are wide ranging, from contributing to bone health to supporting immune function.*
Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) is the same form of vitamin D that the body manufactures when skin is exposed to ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun. Vitamin D3 may be more than three times as effective in raising concentrations of vitamin D in the bloodstream and maintaining those levels for a longer time.*
- Contributes to bone strength as proper levels create optimum conditions for bone formation.*
- Supports proper functioning of the immune and nervous systems.*
- Promotes the intestinal absorption of calcium.*
- Supports fetal skeletal development and tooth enamel formation.*
- Contributes to healthy levels of phosphorus in the body.*
- Is the preferred form of vitamin D, identical to the type manufactured by the body when skin is exposed to UV sunlight.
- An ideal way to obtain vitamin D, as few foods contain vitamin D in sufficient quantity to meet Daily Value levels.
- Provides 1,000 IU of vitamin D3 per 1-capsule serving.
- Each bottle contains 200 servings.
- Incredible value!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.