Easy Monte Cristo Sandwiches
Monte Cristo sandwiches are a longtime deli favorite. Assemble one for lunch today with this simple-to-follow recipe.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 hearty white bread slices
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 8 slices Simple Truth™ Provolone Cheese Slices
- 8 slices Simple Truth™ Oven Roasted Turkey Breast Lunch Meat
- 8 slices Simple Truth™ Uncured Smoked Ham
- 2 Simple Truth™ Natural Cage Free Grain Fed Grade A Large
- White Eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Place four of the bread slices on a work surface. Spread each with a little mustard and top each with a cheese slice. Divide the meat slices between bread slices and add another cheese slice, and the remaining bread slice.
- Beat the eggs and water together in a small bowl. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. (If working in batches, divide the butter.) Dip both sides of each sandwich into the egg mixture and place in skillet. Cover and cook until bottoms are golden, about 5 minutes.
- Turn sandwiches over. Cover and cook until golden and cheese is melted, about 4 minutes longer. Transfer sandwiches to plates; cut into quarters or halves and serve.