Gluten-free Tomato Basil Grilled Chicken Breasts
A bright sauce made with fresh basil, garlic and balsamic vinegar adds flavor to this quick grilled chicken recipe.
Serves: 4Prep: 1 hour 10 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 4 Roma tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved crosswise
- In a blender or food processor, add balsamic vinegar, basil, olive oil, garlic, salt and tomatoes. Blend until smooth, then pour into a resealable plastic bag. Add chicken breasts and marinate in the refrigerator about 1 hour.
- Heat grill to medium heat. Place chicken breasts over direct heat and cook 4-6 minutes on each side, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Serve. Refrigerate leftovers.