Grilled Peach Pizza
Fresh peaches give this pizza a deliciously sweet twist.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 package prepared pizza dough
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 fresh peaches
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- Preheat your grill over high heat until hot, then reduce to medium heat.
- Lightly flour the surface of the dough and start to stretch it out. This can be done with a rolling pin or your hands. The thinner your crust, the quicker it will cook and the crispier it will be. While stretching your dough, you may need to let the dough rest to stretch it thinner.
- Slice the peaches into ¼” slices. Once your grill is heated, grill these slices for 3-4 minutes per side or until slightly softened with good grill marks.
- In a small saucepan, add the balsamic vinegar and reduce over low heat, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened.
- Tear off the larger basil leaves, roll them up into a tight tube shape, then slice as thinly as you can.
- Once your dough is rolled thin, place it on the grill. Cook on the first side for 4-6 minutes, depending on dough thickness and grill temperature.
- When ready to flip, the dough should be sturdy. Flip it with a pizza peel, tongs or a set of spatulas.
- Once flipped, spread tomato sauce in an even layer on dough. Lay pieces of goat cheese and peach slices on dough.
- Grill pizza for 3-5 more minutes, or until your dough is cooked through. Remove pizza from grill.
- Top pizza with shredded basil and a drizzle of balsamic reduction. Serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers.