Grilled Turkey Burger with Peaches
Delicious peaches make a sweet complement to these turkey burgers.
Serves: 4Difficulty: Easy
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Poultry seasoning, to taste
- 2 fresh peaches, rinsed under running water
- 1⁄2 cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups arugula
- 1⁄4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup apricots, chopped
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine the ground turkey and poultry seasoning and form the meat into four patties.
- Once your grill is heated, slice the peaches into ¼” slices. Grill these slices for 3-4 minutes per side, or until slightly softened with good grill marks.
- Grill your turkey patties for about 3-4 minutes on each side, until internal temperature reaches 165°F. During the last 30 seconds of grilling add the gorgonzola cheese to the tops of the patties.
- Next, quickly toast the hamburger buns on the grill for 15-20 seconds. Remove from grill and spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on the burger bun tops.
- Mix together the arugula, cranberries and apricots. Place the cooked patties on top of the toasted bun and add the arugula mix on top. Add the top bun and serve.