McCormick® Gourmet Organic Ground Cardamom
Cardamom, called the Queen of Spices, comes from the dried, ripe fruit of a plant in the ginger family. Its sweet taste and enticing aroma are delicious in cakes and pastries, and in Indian and Middle Eastern spice blends. At McCormick, we carefully source our cardamom pods then remove the outer hull and grind only the inner seeds where the intense flavor resides. Cardamom is a favorite ingredient in spice cookies, buns and stollen, a sweet holiday bread, where it imparts a light lemony note. But European bakers aren’t the only ones who love its spicy, floral flavor. Cardamom is popular in the Arab world in spice mixtures and as a flavoring for coffee. Try adding cardamom’s sweet-spicy taste to apple pie, sweet potatoes and rice pilaf.
- McCormick Gourmet Organic Ground Cardamom has a sweet taste & enticing aroma
- From the dried, ripe fruit of a plant in the ginger family
- The pod’s outer hull is removed and we grind only the flavorful inner seeds
- Our carefully sourced cardamom is certified Organic and non GMO
- Adds a light lemony note to stollen, spice cookies and buns
- Popular in the Arab world in spice mixtures and as a flavoring for coffee