Vitacost Synergy L-OptiZinc Everyday Essentials Capsules 30mg
What is L-OptiZinc?
L-OptiZinc is a unique, patented from of zinc. It consists of the mineral zinc bound to the natural and more bioavailable “L” form of the amino acid methionine (L-methionine).
Zinc is necessary for proper reproduction, growth and development. It’s required for the function of approximately 300 enzymes in the body, and it plays a part in numerous body processes including proper immune function, eye health and regulation of appetite, taste and smell.*
Zinc is also an antioxidant, meaning it helps protect healthy cells from the potentially damaging effects of free radicals. Free radicals are unstable molecules that attack healthy cells, damaging their structure and DNA. They’re believed to contribute to the aging process. Free radicals are generated in the body as a result of natural body processes (such as breathing and digestion), but also from exposure to environmental toxins (including ultraviolet light, radiation, smoking and air pollution). Antioxidants, such as zinc, neutralize free radicals, helping to protect healthy cells.*
- Zinc is necessary for the formation of superoxide dismutase (SOD), which is an important free radical scavenger in the body.*
- Supports healthy protein and DNA synthesis.*
- Zinc deficiency in the elderly can often accompany age-related immune decline.*
- Supports prostate tissue health, sperm motility and testosterone metabolism.*
- Zinc is also involved in healthy insulin production.*
- Features a patented, premium form of zinc that’s highly bioavailable.
- Contains 200 one-capsule servings per bottle.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ratings and Reviews
Foods Co. is not responsible for the content provided in customer ratings and reviews. For more information, visit our Terms and Conditions.
ReviewsAverage Customer Rating4.95(42)5(40)4(2)3(0)2(0)1(0)