These sweet butterflies are almost too cute to eat. Almost. Use your imagination to create colorful butterflies with different types of candy.
Serves: 22Prep: 30 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- Cupcake liners
- 1 box cake mix
- 1 can icing
- 1 bag mini pretzels
- M&M's® Milk Chocolate Candies
- Black licorice
- Kids: Place cupcake liners in muffin tins.
- Kids: Prepare cake mix according to cupcake directions. Adults may need to help with cracking eggs. Make sure to wash hands after touching raw eggs!
- Kids: Divide batter into cupcake liners, filling them about 2/3 full.
- Adults: Bake according to package directions. They’re done when a toothpick stuck in the middle of a cupcake comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool at least 30 minutes before decorating.
- Kids: Ice cupcakes. Create butterfly wings with pretzels. Add a body and head with chocolate candies. Finish with licorice antennae! Store leftovers in an airtight container.