If you can’t find flank steak, flat iron steak or skirt steak works well.
Serves: 4Prep: 2 hours 20 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1⁄2 cup roughly chopped cilantro, including stems
- 1 small jalapeño, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 pounds flank steak
- In medium bowl, combine oil, citrus juices, cilantro, jalapeño, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano and salt. Transfer to gallon zip-top bag. Add steak, seal and marinate in refrigerator 2–4 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Remove steak from bag; discard marinade. Grill until nicely charred on both sides (safe internal temp. 145°F), 3–5 minutes per side.
- Let steak rest 5 minutes, then slice thinly across grain and serve. Refrigerate any leftovers.