Green Bean & Leek Salad
This salad features vibrant colors and light flavor, making it a better-for-you side dish.
Serves: 6Prep: 20 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 2 large leeks
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place a steamer basket in a large saucepan, then fill with water just below the steamer. Bring to a boil, then add the green beans and cover with a lid. Steam for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Remove the top dark leaf section and root section from the leek. Rinse remaining white and light green portion thoroughly in water. Slice the leek crosswise into ⅛” disks. If the leek still contains some dirt, wash the disks in a bowl of water and strain, then pat dry.
- Place the leeks on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Roast for 5 minutes, then toss and continue cooking for 4-6 minutes until lightly browned and crisp-tender.
- Place the green beans and roasted leek in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons of olive oil, ¼ teaspoon of salt, garlic, pepper, honey, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Drizzle the lemon dressing over the green beans and leeks. Toss to combine and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.