Grilled Fruit Skewers
These simple and healthy grilled fruit skewers are the perfect fresh side for a summer barbecue.
Serves: 4Prep: 5 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- Cooking spray
- 4 bamboo skewers
- 1⁄3 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 8 (1”) pineapple chunks
- 8 peach chunks or slices
- 8 strawberries, stems off
- Heat grill to 250°F. Use cooking spray on the grill.
- Submerge bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- In saucepan over medium high, add balsamic vinegar and brown sugar. Cook, mixing constantly, until liquid has evaporated by half and mixture has the consistency of a syrup. Set aside and let cool.
- Thread strawberries, pineapple and peaches alternatively onto each skewer. Place skewers on grill, uncovered, and cook for 4-6 minutes, turning occasionally, until fruit softens and slightly chars.
- Drizzle skewers with balsamic glaze.