Grilled Steak and Strawberry Salad
Grilled and caramelized strawberries are blended into a delicious dressing while firm, fresh strawberries add extra sweetness to this steak salad.
Serves: 4Prep: 25 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups strawberries, divided
- 2 boneless strip steaks
- 1⁄2 red onion, cut into ½”-thick slices
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. salt, divided
- 3⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Red Wine Vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Unfiltered Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. basil leaves
- 1⁄2 small shallot
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 8 cups red and/or green leaf lettuce, chopped
- 4 oz. crumbled buttermilk blue cheese
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Slice 1 cup strawberries; set aside.
- Season steaks with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Grill remaining 1 cup strawberries 6-8 minutes or until marked and softened.
- Grill steak and onion slices 8-12 minutes, turning once, or until steaks reach an internal temperature of 145°F for medium, or desired doneness, and onions are nicely marked. Let steak rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- In blender or food processor, combine grilled strawberries, red wine vinegar, olive oil, basil, shallot, mustard, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Process until well blended. Set aside.
- Top lettuce with steak slices, strawberries, onion slices and blue cheese crumbles. Drizzle with desired amount of strawberry vinaigrette.
- Refrigerate leftovers.