Organic Slow Cooker Berry Crisp
Fresh berries are even better in the slow cooker for dessert, ideally served with ice cream or whipped cream.
Serves: 12Prep: 10 minutesCook: 1 hourTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄4 cup organic old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup organic flour
- 1⁄2 cup organic sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup organic maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup organic unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 5 cups organic mixed berries
- 1 tbsp. organic lemon juice
- 1 tsp. organic vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. organic cornstarch
- Organic ice cream or organic whipped cream, to serve
- In a medium bowl, whisk oats, flour, almonds, maple syrup and butter together.
- In a slow cooker, stir berries, lemon juice, vanilla and cornstarch together, then sprinkle oat mixture on top.
- Cook on high 1-2 hours or on low 2-3 hours.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Tip: Sliced strawberries can be used in place of mixed berries.