Peeps® Fruit Punch-Flavored Hi-Hat Cupcakes
Here’s a fun way to incorporate Peeps into your spring-themed dessert table: A moist cupcake topped with a mountain of fruit punch-flavored frosting and dipped into pastel-colored chocolate.
Serves: 22Prep: 1 hourCook: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (16 oz.) Kroger® Cake Mix, any variety
- 2 jars (7 oz. each) Kroger® Marshmallow Crème
- 3 packages Peeps® Fruit Punch Flavored Marshmallows
- Pastel-colored chocolate, candy melts or almond bark, for dipping
- Bake the cupcakes according to the directions on the box. Set them aside and allow them to cool.
- Melt one package of Peeps® in the microwave in 30-second increments until they're nice and smooth. Don't overheat.
- Cool the melted Peeps® with a little marshmallow crème. This is called tempering.
- Fill the piping bag with the marshmallow crème mixture.
- Pipe a small mound of marshmallow crème onto each cupcake.
- Place one marshmallow Peep® on top of the marshmallow crème. Set in the refrigerator or freezer to cool.
- Melt the pastel-colored chocolate in the microwave in 10-second increments. Allow it to cool until it's no longer warm to the touch but is still melted.
- Dip the entire top of the marshmallow crème cupcake topping into the melted chocolate.
- Allow the chocolate to set and serve!