Pumpkin Pie Buttermilk Skillet Cake
Top slices of this spiced pumpkin cake with a dollop of your favorite whipped topping or homemade whipped cream. You and your Thanksgiving dinner guests will have the best of both worlds – pumpkin pie and cake in one.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup Kroger® Low Fat Buttermilk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Whipped topping or whipped cream, for topping (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 325˚F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugars until light in color and fluffy. Add the eggs, vanilla extract and pumpkin puree. Beat until blended well, about 1-2 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add half the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture, then stir in the buttermilk. Add the remainder of the flour mixture and mix well.
- Pour the batter evenly into a greased 12” cast iron skillet. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and the center of the cake springs back when touched.
- Allow to cool until warm. Cut into 8 slices. Top with whipped topping or whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!