Slow Cooker Beef Machaca Tacos
This recipe skips the traditional drying and rehydrating of machaca, but delivers the same delicious, rich flavors.
Serves: 10Prep: 30 minutesCook: 6 hoursTotal: 6 hours 30 minutes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 pounds boneless chuck shoulder roast
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1 lime, juiced
- 8 small corn or flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup Shredded Mexican Style Blend Cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- In small bowl, mix together chili powder, salt, black pepper, cumin, garlic powder, oregano and cayenne pepper; season chuck roast with spice mix.
- In 5-quart or larger slow cooker, combine chuck roast, bell pepper, onion, tomato and broth.
- Cover; cook on low 6 to 7 hours, until meat is tender. Remove meat; shred with fork.
- If desired, use immersion blender to blend cooking liquid, peppers and tomatoes into thicker sauce. Toss meat with cooking liquid. Stir in lime juice. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- To serve, divide meat between tortillas; top with cheese, lettuce, onion and sour cream.