Vegan Keto Grilled Red Pepper Soup
Grilled peppers, cauliflower and onion add lots of smoky flavor to this delicious red pepper soup. You can even grill the veggies a day or two in advance for a quicker meal when you’re ready.
Serves: 8Prep: 25 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 small head cauliflower, leaves removed and cut into quarters
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 tbsp. Simple Truth Organic™ Refined Avocado Oil
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 6 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Gluten Free Fat Free Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup unsweetened plant-based creamer
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Grill red peppers, cauliflower and onions 12-16 minutes, turning occasionally, until nicely marked.
- Roughly chop peppers, onion and cauliflower.
- In 4-quart saucepan over medium heat, heat oil. Cook garlic and tomato paste 1-2 minutes, until fragrant. Add chopped vegetables, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Continue cooking 2-4 minutes to coat veggies with tomato mixture and bloom flavors.
- Add broth; bring to boil. Reduce to simmer. Continue cooking 16-20 minutes or until cauliflower is very tender.
- Stir in unsweetened plant-based creamer. Using an immersion blender or by transferring soup to blender or food processor, blend soup until smooth. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Refrigerate leftovers.