FOODS CO. REWARDS CONSENT
This form confirms your wish to opt in to Foods Co. Rewards
As a member, you can get:
- Exclusive member-only specials, promotions and sales
- Opportunity to earn fuel points every time you shop, redeemable for fuel savings at Foods Co. and participating partner stations
- Personalized coupons and offers selected for you and delivered directly to your inbox, mailbox or downloadable online or in our mobile app
- Online or in-app ordering for pickup or delivery with the creation of a digital account
- ... and more!
Your membership is very valuable! As part of our Loyalty program, our best customers save $699 per year on average!
As part of our Loyalty program, we do provide discounts and financial incentives to individuals who enroll. Once you sign up for our Loyalty program, you can give us your Loyalty ID number at the cash register or online to get discounts on products you purchase and services we think you would be interested in based on your purchase history. You can also earn fuel points that give you discounts at participating gas stations. We select and personalize coupons, promotions, and other discounts or offers, based on what you buy and the stores and e-commerce portals you may use.
Signing up for the program indicates your consent to the use or sale of information we need to identify the most relevant coupons, promotions, and other discounts or offers we present to you.
The information we have collected about our Loyalty program members enables us to deliver personalized offers and value to our customers, which helps us establish a relationship with our customers and is valued by Kroger as part of our focus on the customer experience. In determining the value of this data to Kroger, we consider the profit generated from the solutions or products that include personal information (as defined by CCPA), which is reasonably correlated to the value provided to the consumer through personalized coupons, promotions, and other discounts or offers. Our good faith estimate of the value to Kroger of each consumer’s personal information that forms the basis for offering the financial incentives or price or service difference can be found here.
Our core data analytics solutions primarily use anonymized customer data and are not included in the calculation above. Participation in these programs is voluntary. After joining our Loyalty program, if you wish to opt out of the Loyalty program or wish to opt out of the sale of your personal information to support the program, you can contact our customer contact center by telephone at 1-800-KROGERS (1-800-576-4377) for assistance.
In addition, in order to support the following use cases, we may collect personal information described in the next section:
- To send marketing communications such as product discounts and personalized promotions and special offers
- Providing product or service functionality that you have requested (such as credit card application, online payment, etc.)
- To communicate with you about orders, purchases, returns, services, accounts, programs, contests and sweepstakes
- Responding to communications you send us
- Assisting you with customer service requests and inquiries
- Development and distribution of new products and services like mobile applications or grocery delivery
- Completing e-commerce transactions
- Delivering advertisements and promotions to you after you have visited our website, used one of our mobile applications, or otherwise engaged with us online
- Targeting advertisements for Kroger products, services, promotions, and other business activities you may be interested in
- Developing statistics on engagement with our online properties and measuring how well our marketing and promotional activities perform
- Identifying and preventing fraud or identity theft
- Maintaining appropriate records for internal administrative and other
- Facilitating the functionality of our websites and mobile applications
- Providing notice of product recalls
- To perform basic applicant, employment and management functions business purposes
- At times, Kroger may provide third parties with certain personal information to provide or improve our products and services, including to deliver products at your request, or to help Kroger market to you; when we do, we require those third parties to handle it in accordance with relevant laws
- Other purposes as described to you at the time (such as credit card application, etc.)
Here are the categories of personal information we may collect from you or about you to provide a service you requested, a more personalized experience, or improve the quality of your experience and our services. All categories may not be collected about every individual:
- Unique Personal Identifiers that may include but are not limited to your legal name or preferred alias, online identifiers like user account names, state and federal government ID number (where required) and your signature (when applicable)
- Demographic information like your level of education, type of employment, or other demographic information shared with us through third parties, such as social media or publicly available sources
- Contact Information such as your email or postal address and phone number
- Financial and payment Information such as credit and debit card numbers; credit history may be collected if you are applying for a Kroger branded credit card
- Behavioral Information such as your purchase and transaction history, geolocation data, IP Address collected from your computers and mobile devices, and information about what you do online, including your interactions with our social media posts
- Inferences we make about you like demographic interest segments that we believe are relevant to you and your household based on analysis of other information we have collected
- Video and CCTV recordings from inside our facilities for use in fraud investigations or other store operations
- Characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law, such as gender and nationality
- If you contact our customer contact centers, we may collect recordings or monitoring records for customer service quality purposes
- If you are an employee or job applicant, we may collect additional information to perform basic applicant, employment and management functions
- There is also some personal information that you voluntarily share with us; this includes information used to register for our Loyalty program, to create an account on our websites, or where required by law
- Other types of personal information that we may disclose to you prior to the point of first collection
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under CCPA.